The Consulate General of Israel in Toronto and Western Canada is seeking qualified candidates for its office in downtown Toronto.
The successful candidate will join a team of local staff under the direction of the Consulate’s diplomatic officials and will:
- Plan, organize, and implement the programs and services of the Department of Cultural Affairs;
- Liaise with Canadian organizations, institutions and individuals involved in various cultural Fields (art, cinema, theatre, literature, etc.) in Ontario and Western Canada;
- Schedule, coordinate and take part in internal and outside meetings with individuals and groups in various cultural fields;
- Prepare promotional materials such as social media posts, newsletters, posters and advertisements;
- Maintain database of artists, cultural organizations, events such as festivals, exhibitions, etc;
- Identify new project opportunities;
- Help strengthen existing relations with relevant organizations, including Jewish community organizations.
- Project management responsibilities include
- The coordination and completion of the Consulate’s projects on time within budget and within scope.
- Take leading part in organizing events and conferences.
- Provide culture and special projects administrative support.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following background and skills:
- Relevant educational background;
- Work experience in a cultural field;
- Excellent computer and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc;
- Strong English-language skills, including writing skills (letters, reports, speeches), and public speaking on occasion;
- Good social skills – open to meeting new people and making new contacts;
- Creative thinking – ability to initiate programs, ideas, etc.
- Good knowledge of Canadian culture and arts;
- Some knowledge of Israel, Israeli culture, as well as Jewish culture and the Canadian Jewish community.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and put “Cultural Affairs Position” on the subject line.