Jewish Music Week in Toronto (May 22 – 29, 2022) is a week of concerts, lectures, recitals and musical events throughout the Greater Toronto Area. Here’s your opportunity to get involved by drawing or painting. 2022 Theme: Jewish Music and the Holidays!
What Should My Artwork Be About?
Draw or paint a picture of “Jewish Music and the Holidays”. Do you sing songs around your Shabbat table? Do you celebrate Purim with a swing band? Or enjoy a guitar and campfire on Lag Ba’Omer? What about the choir in the synagogue on Rosh Hashana? Your drawing should include a representation of the music you hear as well as how you might feel when you hear it.
What Are The Rules and How Big Should I Make My Artwork?
All pictures should be clearly labeled with your name and email address on the back.
All artwork should be 8-1/2” X 11” and suitable for framing (please keep this in mind if you are thinking of creating a 3-dimensional piece of art). If you would like to create a larger piece, please email Zoe, our contest chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) first to discuss
How Do I Submit My Piece?
All artwork must be accompanied by a completed Registration Form. You may mail or deliver artwork with the accompanied Registration Form to Jewish Music Week in Toronto Student Art Contest, 105 Ava Road, Toronto M6C 1V9. (Bathurst & Eglinton area).
What’s The Deadline?
All artwork must be received by the new extended deadline: 6:00 PM, Thursday, April 14, 2022.
Will I Get My Artwork Back?
All winning artwork will be available for pick up at the end of the Artists’ Reception marking the close of the spring Art Exhibit (more information will follow). Non-winners’ artwork will be available for pick-up by your teachers following the judging.
• First Place winner in each category* will receive art supplies and three tickets to a Jewish Music Week evening concert of their choice. Art teacher of each First Place winner (if submitted through a school) will receive two tickets to a Jewish Music Week concert of their choice
• First Place drawings will be published in the JMW Program Guide
• All categories of winners will have their artwork posted on the JMW website
• All categories of winners’ names will be listed in the JMW Program Guide
• All categories of winners will have their artwork displayed as part of a special exhibit at “The Gallery at the J” in the Miles Nadal JCC
WINNERS AND THEIR TEACHERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY THURSDAY, APRIL 28th, 2022.
*Categories (subject to change) include:
Elementary school (grades 1 – 2, 3 – 5) Middle school (grades 6 – 8) High school (grades 9 – 12)