In the ECE programs, we utilize the core elements and lenses of the Sheva Framework as inspiration for setting up our environment. This premise gives children inspiration as they learn and grow. It connects curiosity and exploration in a collaborative approach to child development and engagement. Sheva translates to the number seven in Hebrew. The seven projects reflect each of the seven Sheva Lenses within the Framework that are the Pillars of our ECE Department philosophy and Jewish values.
1. Masa: Journey (Reflection, Return, and Renewal)
2. B’rit: Covenant (Belonging and Commitment)
3. Hit’orerut: Awakening (Amazement and Gratitude)
4. K’dushah: Holiness (Intentionality and Presence)
5. D’rash: Interpretation (Inquiry, Dialogue, and Transmission)
6. Tzelem Elohim: Divine Image (Dignity and Potential)
7. Tikkun Olam: Repair of the World (Responsibility)
The Toddler, Preschool, Junior Kindergarten, and School-Age children have created masterpieces building upon the Sheva Framework by selecting and highlighting the foundation of each lens within their creative work. The children whose creations are exhibited range in age from 18 months to 12 years. These creations were all based on their initial interests. Educators observed and followed their lead.
Welcome to the Virtual Gallery @ the J – a digital home for creativity that educates, entertains and expresses shared experiences of humanity. If you have questions or would like to purchase any of the artwork, please contact Deanna Di Lello, Coordinator of Adult Art and Culture.