Start Date: September 22, 2023
Reports to the Manager of Fine and Performing Arts
$23/hr for 65 hours between September-November
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. It provides opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, learn, connect and participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded on this site in 1953 the MNjcc is home to a Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, three choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities for all abilities, the ReelAbilities Toronto Film Festival, inclusive Jewish Life programming, and a robust adult daytime educational program.
Short Description of the Position:
Using their experience and connections in the Toronto Theatre and Ontario Jewish Camp Networks, the Outreach Coordinator will collaborate with the MNjcc Marketing department and the Producers/Creative Team to drive ticket sales and publicity for the public reading of the play Camp, which includes a post-play workshop for the public.
• The successful candidate will have the option of working remotely, in person or hybrid.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create a fulsome database of key contacts at Toronto Jewish day schools, summer camps, and other Jewish groups
• Create a fulsome database of key contacts of targeted Toronto Theatre companies.
• Contact, secure and follow up on e-newsletter promotional exchanges
• Post public reading information on free media listing websites.
• Administrate facebook event for Camp and intergenerational workshop
• Deliver weekly progress reports
• Other promotional duties as needed for both the play Camp and a post play workshop
• Organize a group of Ontario Jewish Summer Camp representatives to come to program
• Track tickets and group reservations
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 1-3 years experience in a non-profit or arts-based organization, or similar
• Established connections in the Toronto Jewish community
• Established connections in the Toronto theatre community
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university or equivalent, or documented life/work experience
• Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada.
Traits and characteristics:
• Confident and outgoing personality
• Relationship builder and networker
• Reliability: accountable, responsive, available, and present
• Self-motivated: ability to work independently without daily supervision
• Ability to interact and communicate professionally and effectively
• Excellent writing skills
Salary and Benefits:
• Contract total: $1,500
How to apply:
• Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Theatre Outreach Application
• Applications will be accepted until September 5, 2023
• Please note, while we appreciate everyone who applies, we are only able to respond to applicants moving to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The Miles Nadal JCC values and models inclusivity, collaboration, physical and mental wellness, and fosters the growth and development of staff. We encourage applications from individuals who demonstrate a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, accessibility and inclusion and will contribute to our inclusive environment. You can learn more about our commitments here: https://www.mnjcc.org/learn-about-the-j.
The MNjcc welcomes and encourages applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, people of any and no faith, and others who reflect the diversity of our community, our city and our country.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities:
The MNjcc is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aims to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our organization’s culture.
In accordance with the AODA, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. Our human resources department will work with you to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Please contact David Fielder at:(416) 924-6211 x404; firstname.lastname@example.org; or in person by appointment.