Fall programs at the Miles Nadal JCC begin on September 13 with “Building the Jewish& Cookbook”, series celebrating Jewish diversity and blended traditions in a virtual cook-a-long program with Master Chef Winner Jennifer Crawford. Then, on September 14 visit MNjcc On Demand for “Laughter on the 23rd Floor: The Writers’ Room of Your Show of Shows” with actor/comedian Jack Newman. Folk duo Sue & Dwight will be feeling groovy at our September 24 virtual 1960s singalong concert, “Get Together”. Our 29th annual Suzuki program starts its virtual classes for children on September 29, as does our popular virtual daytime choir, led by Asher Farber.
More Miles Nadal JCC Arts and Culture fall 2020 programs will include:
- Sept 16, Oct 14, Nov 11, Dec 9: Disability on Film lectures with Angelo Muredda
- Sept 14, Oct 19; Nov 16, Dec 14: Movement and Dance with Shoshana
- Oct 6: Beginner Ukulele and Virtual Uke Jam with Susan Baskin starts.
- Oct 7:Intermediate Virtual Adult Mixed String Class begins.
- Oct 8: Intermediate Virtual Adult Fiddling Class begins.
- Oct 13: Launch of our Virtual Yiddish and Hebrew language including 6 levels of Hebrew, a new Yiddish Canadian literature program and Conversational Yiddish for Beginners, in partnership with UJA committee for Yiddish.
- Oct 14 – Nov 11: Stand-up Comedy & Disability.
- Starting Oct 15: Virtual Specialty Choir with “My Pop Choir” director Alex Fiddes.
- Oct 15: From Radical Poets to Rabbinical Scholars: The Yiddish Voices of Kensington with Vivian Felsen.
- Oct 17 – 18: TJFS virtual screening/talk back of a fascinating doc called From Cairo to the Cloud: The World of the Cairo Geniza in partnership with Aga Khan Museum and Anne Tanenbaum Centre for Jewish Studies, University of Toronto.
- Oct 19: Broadway Dream Teams: The Best Jewish Songwriting Partnerships with Jordan Klapman. On mnjccondemand.ca.
- Oct 29 & Nov 26: Book Club with Beverly Fingerhut.
- November 4 – 25: Baltimore JCC’s Wisdom Studio lecture series: Short Story, Long Life: Judaism & American Jewish Literature with former religion columnist for The New York Times, and host of Tablet magazine’s podcast, Unorthodox, Mark Oppenheimer.
- Nov 5: Daytime Holocaust Education Week Lecture: Circus Jews Under National Socialism with multidisciplinary stage artist and educator Stav Meishar.
- Nov 5: Free evening event for Holocaust Education Week: TJFS film lecture and Q & A with Adam Nayman in partnership in Neuberger Holocaust Education Centre.
- Staring Nov 16: Design Movements in the 19th and 20th Centuries with Peter Harris.On mnjccondemand.ca.
On View in the MNJCC’s Virtual Gallery:
- Sept 1 -30: The Batik Collectif, present, Life, a collection of new artists using modern Batik art techniques.
- Sept 1 – Nov 1: Ink illustrations by artist Gail Geltner
- Oct 1 – Nov 1: The works of artist, Myriam Nafte
- Nov 2 -30: Artwork commemorating Holocaust Education week, curated by the Sarah and Chaim Neuberger Holocaust Education Centre and UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
- Nov 2 – Dec 31: Pottery photo exhibit by artist Celia Brandao
- Dec 1-Dec 31: Textiles exhibit by artist Susan Avishai
To learn more about any of the above programs please email Esther Arbeid, Director of Arts and Culture at email@example.com
For more outstanding MNjcc streaming programs, visit www.mnjccondemand.ca.
For more general information: www.mnjcc.org.